发布日期：2019-12-07 上传者：82J***K9 投诉
1. play part（in）
2. go to the movies
3. than ever before
4. a large number of...
5. increase rapidly
6. have changed over timne
7. at first
8. leave for the airport
9. keep going straight for two blocks
10. be different from...
11. make use of
I 1-4 BCAD
II. 1：Because the English language has. been enriched by new
2. 182 years.
3. He wrote a dictionary that gave a separate identity to
American English spelling.
Ⅲ.1.the6 6th century
4. Danish and French
8. Samuel Johnson
IV. 1. was brought .2. making
Part Warming Up Reading
I. 1-4 BADC
III.1. Because of Mr. Wang's efforts, these old houses were
2. policeman came up to ask if nceded any help
3. hope can make good usc of this chance to learn more
4. It is more a dictionary than a grammar book
5. Susan can speak several languages fluently, such as
French and Chinese
2. at present
4. based on
Part 2 Learning about Language
I.1. usage 2. has a good command of
3. are requested to 4. without a second thought
5. As soon as
II. 1. Miss Brown told me to answer her question in English.
2. The doctor ordered the patient to rest for a week
3. The boss warned him not to make the same mistake any
4. Mrs. Green asked me when I would leave for London.
5. The stranger asked if/whether I could give him a lift to the
Ⅲ.1. told us to plant
2. warned us not to cheat
3. ordered the soldier not to 4. requested him to stop
5. asked me to pass
6. Read more books
7. Don't play football
8. Could you give me
9. Would you like to leave 10. Please close
Part Using language
7. recognize 8. eastern
II. 1. are expected to
2. plays a very important part in
3. Believe itor not
4. Thereis no such thing as
5. the same grade as.
6. different from